Are you ready to take on the wonderful world of Encaustic Wax?
You've seen the luscious textures, you are entranced by the beautiful effects it makes?
BUT, sometimes the supplies, different options, and how to go about it all, leaves you in a quandary?
Let me help you to navigate the Encaustic Wax labyrinth!
This course will give you a good understanding of what Encaustic Medium is. It explains the terminology of working with beeswax and dammar resin (Encaustic Medium) and covers everything from heat sources, supports to work on, equipment needed, and how to work with it, in detail, with close up shots.
This course is designed to give you the know
Even if you're already working with this style of wax, there are so many ways to approach things, you can always discover something new.
Encaustic Wax Medium is applied in multiple layers, fused, and
Mementoes, grasses, coloured papers and pigments are incorporated to create an interesting and expansive style of work.
There are health and safety implications to be considered, which can sometimes be overwhelming, and confusing when you are starting out. This course will cover the aspects you need to be aware of.
Each video is designed to be short, and to the point (hopefully!), to get you creating as quickly as possible.
We will look at:
- Different types of Waxes and Mediums
- Different supports to work on
- Introduction to the Basics and Health & Safety
- A brief background and history of Encaustic Wax Art
- Demonstration of basics, and versatility of wax
- Learn how to fuse layers of wax together, and get smooth and textured finishes.
- I will share my preferred tools, and
- Colouring your wax - there are so many ways to approach this, there are eight separate videos explaining just some of the different ways you can achieve this, often using existing supplies!
- You'll put the techniques shown into practice, and create a selection of test pieces, with suggested notes to act as an aide memoir.
- You will practice ways of embellishing, layering and scratching into the wax.
- Pull what you've learnt together, and create your own finished pieces, with materials you have in your art stash.
- Videos using techniques in the course, to show you how I form a finished portrait.
The course is designed to spark ideas, show you the basics, then encourage you to create your own works, based on your interpretation of what you've seen.
What other course members have said about the course:
"I watched the course in 2 days and I loved it. Many thanks for that."
"It’s nice that you are doing these, and I really like your teaching style."
Join Julie in 'Arty Heaven', and learn how to paint using HOT BEESWAX...
Make sure you've watched the 'Promo Video' above to see my style and decide if it works for you...
Scroll down to find out more about me, view the materials list and full course curriculum, plus some frequently asked questions.
From there, just choose your payment preference to get instant access to the remaining course.
Really hope to see you on the inside....!
I first discovered Encaustic Wax Art in 2012, and it was love at first sight! I was absolutely entranced by this magical medium, and set out to learn as much about it as I possibly could. It touched me on a soul level like no other. On exhibiting my work, it seemed people were as entranced by this medium as I was, and so my teaching began. I've run workshops, demos, art talks and 1-1's to thousands of people over the years, from small art clubs, to The National Honey Show, and Living Crafts, helping complete beginners, who claim not to draw a straight line, through to professional artists wanting to expand their skills. Teenagers to grandparents. I am passionate about sharing this medium, which is a truly healing art form, I've seen it's therapeutic benefits time and time again. A breath of fresh air to blow away the cobwebs of life. Will you step in and discover it's magic?